Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
|Born:||December 8, 1982|
Queens, New York
|Height:||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight:||165 lb (75 kg)|
Nicki Minaj (born Onika Maraj) is an American rapper and singer.
Nicki Minaj was born on December 8, 1982, and grew up in Queens, New York. She is of African, Trinidadian and Indo-Asian descent. She graduated from LaGuardia High School in Manhattan where she studied singing and acting. She started off singing background vocals and hooks for local rappers. In order to stand out from other aspiring singers, she began writing raps, and started out as the lone female in a group, (which she left in 2006).
Minaj was discovered on MySpace by Dirty Money CEO Fendi, who signed her to his Dirty Money label. After appearing on The Carter Edition of Young Money's The Come Up DVD series, Minaj was contacted by Lil Wayne. The two collaborated on a number of mixtape tracks. In April 2007, she released her first mixtape, Playtime Is Over, where she posed as a Barbie doll on the cover. Lil Wayne appeared on the track "Can't Stop, Won't Stop".
In 2008, Minaj released her mixtape, Sucka Free. She appeared in the July issue of XXL magazine, giving a brief overview of her life up to that point in time. Later that year, Minaj won Female Artist of the Year at the Underground Music Awards.
In August 2009, Minaj signed to Young Money Entertainment with distribution from Universal Motown wherein she will release her debut studio album in 2010. .
- ↑ Starbury, Allen (2009) "Nicki Minaj Wants Fans To Focus On Her Music, Also Her Sexy Image", BallerStatus, 21 May 2009
- ↑ McGarry, Kevin (2009) "The New Queen Bee | Meet Nicki Minaj", New York Times, 4 June 2009
- ↑ Jeffries, David "Nicki Minaj Biography", Allmusic, Macrovision Corporation, retrieved 13 June 2009
- ↑ "FEATURE: Nicki Minaj:Climax", XXL, 24 November 2008
- ↑ "Nicki Minaj - Beware Sucka MCs", HipHopRuckus, 28 August 2008
- ↑ Reid, Shaheem (2009) "Lil Wayne Introduces Nicki Minaj", MTV, 4 May 2009
- ↑ "SoundOff TV: One On One With LowKey & Nicki Minaj", BET, 1 May 2009
- ↑