Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
|Born:||March 24, 1987|
|Bra/cup size:||H metric|
|Height:||1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)|
Asami made her adult video debut on October 29th, 2005, and has been working for studios Alice Japan and S1 ever since. She stars in a new video for each studio every 1 to 2 months. In addition to this, she has worked as an actress in several softcore films and TV series, and was featured as a cabaret club hostess in PlayStation 2 videogame Yakuza 2.
She released a solo single before becoming a leading member of the female idol group Ebisu Muscats, whose 25-odd members are mostly issued from porn or nude modeling.
 Life and career
 S1 and Alice Japan
Asami was born in Gunma prefecture on March 24, 1987 and made her AV debut in October 2005 at the age of 18. She has been under contract from 2005 with two large Japanese AV studios, Alice Japan and S1 No. 1 Style. She has made about one movie a month for each of them since the beginning of her career. Most of her videos with S1 have been with director Hideto Aki while her Alice Japan videos have been primarily directed by Yuji Sakamoto. Both studios specialize in the "softer" type of pornography with straight sex scenes involving a solo actress, little or no storyline, and an avoidance of the more extreme activities of Japanese porn.
Asami has been involved with a number of unusual projects for Alice Japan, mostly with director KENGO. Among these are Amateur Actor Audition – Yuma Asami, released in 2007, where she interviews 10 potential AV actors between the ages of 19 and 41 and tests their abilities by having sex with them. On the opposite side of the coin, in the 2008 video AV Actress Audition – Yuma Asami, she acts as the company rep interviewing 10 aspiring actresses. She has them disrobe, masturbate, and even take part in fellatio and sex scenes with actors with some coaching in technique from Asami. In another video from 2008 (Number One Idol Yuma Asami Produce Real Virgins) she meets specially selected "virgin" fans who are gently initiated into sex by Asami. In the 2008 video Hypnotic Pleasure, the plot has her being hypnotized and made to do various embarrassing things including engaging in sex acts while believing she has never had on-camera sex before, and in a further 2008 video (Yuma Asami and 100 Onanists), she inspires and occasionally lends a helping hand to "100 eager and willing fans" while they masturbate.
In June 2010, Asami starred in one of the first two AVs made in 3D, the S1 produced Attracting The Best Stereoscopic 3D Yuma Asami Sex BODY. The release of the two videos matched the introduction of 3D televisions by Sony and Panasonic and were expected to increase sales of the TVs.
 Softcore films
Outside of her hardcore video activities, Asami has also made several "gravure" videos, which are essentially glamour films which may include nudity but no sexual acts. (See the Filmography for details)
She was the star of the softcore direct-to-video (V-Cinema) erotic action flick Template:Nihongo directed by Yoshikazu Katō. The video, released by GP Museum in October 2006, also featured AV and pink film actress Lemon Hanazawa.
In another genre, she was also in an erotic horror pink film, Template:Nihongo, directed by Hideo Jojo and co-starring Japanese AV actress Yuria Hidaka. In the movie, which premiered in Osaka April 2008, Asami is the mysterious and deadly proprietess of an inn. The film was released as a DVD in October 2008.
In October 2010, Asami starred in Shinshaku: Yojōhan fusuma no shitabari (新釈 四畳半襖の下張り), a "new interpretation" (Shinshaku) of the 1973 pink film The World of Geisha based on the novel by Kafū Nagai. The film was directed by former AV actress Kyōko Aizome and also featured Kyoko Hayami who had appeared in the 2003 cult hit The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai. The film was released as a DVD in January 2011.
 TV drama
Asami was in the J-dorama Shimokita GLORY DAYS (下北GLORY DAYS) along with fellow S1 actresses Sora Aoi and Honoka and singer-actress Aya Sugimoto. The 12 week series aired on TV Tokyo beginning in April 2006. She plays the character Komori Miha in the series which is based on the manga of the same name and revolves about a ronin student moving to Tokyo and sharing a house with several beautiful women. In 2007 she appeared in Episode 5 of the late night TV Asahi erotic drama Template:Nihongo. Asami also had a role in the 2009 sequel to the manga-based TV Tokyo series Jōō Virgin (嬢王 Virgin). The series about kyabakura hostesses also featured AV actresses Sora Aoi, Akiho Yoshizawa and Saori Hara.
 Other activities
In 2006, Asami was featured as a Cabaret Club hostess in the PlayStation 2 videogame Yakuza 2.
Asami showed off her singing voice by releasing her first J-pop CD, Resolution, in January 2008. The CD comes packaged with a bonus DVD which includes images, a making-of video and a music video.
She has also been active in advertising making promotional videos for the adult website Tospo.jp with the QR Code for their site covering her breasts. She also appears on a T-shirt marketed in a collaboration between Cex Work, a new company started up by photographer Yasumasa Yonehara, and the apparel label THE MASK. The T-shirt, released in October 2007, featured a semi-nude photo of Asami taken by Yonehara.
 Popularity and recognition
Asami has been one of the most popular actresses in Japan since her debut and regularly places at the very top in DVD sales and rentals. The DMM website listing of the top 100 AV actresses by sales ranked her as number 1 in both 2006 and 2007.
Asami was recognized by AV fans for her work by winning the Grand Prix award at the 2006 AV Actress Grand Prix. In 2007 her S1 video Hyper Risky Mosaic – Special Bath House Tsubaki made with 11 other S1 actresses won the First Place Award at the 2007 AV Open competition. In addition, at the annual 2008 Adult Broadcasting Awards (combined with EROIDE女祭り2008 or "Erotic Ladies Festival"), a competition for the hottest actresses from adult TV channels on satellite broadcaster SKY PerfecTV!, Asami won the award for "Most Appearances" in 2007. She wowed the crowd by bending over several times to expose the tops of her breasts. Her November 2008 video Double Risky Mosaic, Rio & Yuma was the S1 entry in the 2009 AV GrandPrix where it won the top GrandPrix Award as well as taking the prizes for DVD Sales and Package Design, the Retailers Award, and the Best Featured Actress Video Award..
 Partial Filmography
 Magazine appearances
- Weekly Playboy (週刊プレイボーイ
- Weekly Post (週刊ポスト)
- October 7, 2005 (8p.)
- AV Idol Page
- Yuma Asami 麻美ゆま. Urabon Navigator. Retrieved on October 3, 2008.
- Yuma Asami (Profile & Interview) (English). www.jsexnetwork.com. Retrieved on December 10, 2008.
- Ｓ１ガールズでイッてよし！(2009/10/07) (Japanese). www.sankei-sports.com (October 4, 2009). Retrieved on August 15, 2010. (Google translation)
- ↑ 2005 (Japanese). AV 研究所 (AV Research Laboratory). Retrieved on 2009-07-06.
- ↑ Alice Japan Official Website – Yuma Asami (Japanese). www.alicejapan.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-09-24.
- ↑ S1 Website – Yuma Asami (Japanese). www.s1s1s1.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-24.
- ↑ JAV News – Things to Know about S1 Studio. JAV News (August 2008). Retrieved on 2008-09-24.[dead link]
- ↑ JList – DV834 AV Actor Audition – Yuma Asami. www.jlist.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ JList – DV834 AV Actress Audition – Yuma Asami. www.jlist.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ JList – DV907 Male Virgin Producer – Yuma Asami. www.jlist.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ JList – DV918 Hypnotism Ecstasy – Yuma Asami. www.jlist.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ JList – DV928 Yuma Asami and 100 Onanists. www.jlist.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ Yasu, Mariko & Maki Shiraki (June 2, 2010). Porn Stars in 3-D Lure Consumers to New Sony, Panasonic TVs. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved on 2010-10-26.
- ↑ CD Japan Yoen Kunoichi Den Tsubame Hen. www.cdjapan.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ Online-Filmdatenbank Yôen kunoichi-den: Tsubame-hen (German). Online-Filmdatenbank. Retrieved on 2008-09-28.
- ↑ Siren X. IMDb.com. Retrieved on 2011-02-24.
- ↑ セイレーンX Official Site (Japanese). www.takeshobo.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-09-28.
- ↑ CD Japan Yojo Densetsu Seiren X – Masho no Yuwaku. www.cdjapan.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ 新釈 四畳半襖の下張り<未>(2010) (Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved on 2011-02-26.
- ↑ Shinshaku: Yojôhan fusuma no shitabari (2010). IMDb. Retrieved on 2011-02-26.
- ↑ 新釈 四畳半襖の下張り [DVD] (Japanese). www.amazon.co.jp. Retrieved on 2011-02-26.
- ↑ Shimokita GLORY DAYS [下北GLORY DAYS]. www.jdorama.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ 新宿スワン 歌舞伎町スカウトサバイバル (Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved on 2011-02-24.
- ↑ Shinjuku swan. IMDb. Retrieved on 2011-02-24.
- ↑ 嬢王 Virgin(2009) (Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved on 2011-02-24.
- ↑ Yuma in Yakuza 2. Yuma in Yakuza 2. Asami Yuma Fan. Retrieved on 24 June 2011.
- ↑ Yuma Asami’s first Jpop CD Resolution. JapanSugoi (January 2008). Archived from the original on 2008-02-10. Retrieved on 2008-09-24.
- ↑ Resolution CD+DVD. www.cdjapan.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-09-26.
- ↑ Sexy Japanese idol Asami Yuma 麻美ゆま in very clever ads with QR codes. JapanSugoi (March 2007). Archived from the original on 2008-02-14. Retrieved on 2008-09-27.
- ↑ Yasumasa Yonehara x THE MASK – Yuma Asami T-Shirt. Freshness Mag (September 2007). Retrieved on 2008-09-27.
- ↑ JAV News – Top 10 JAV Idols DVD Sales Ranking in Japan – August 2008. JAV News (August 2008). Retrieved on 2008-09-24.[dead link]
- ↑ JAV News – Top 10 JAV Idols DVD Rental Ranking – September 2008. JAV News (September 2008). Retrieved on 2008-09-24.[dead link]
- ↑ DMM 2006年 DVD AV女優 年間ランキング ベスト100 (Japanese). www.dmm.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-09-30.
- ↑ DMM 2007年 DVD AV女優 年間ランキング ベスト100 (Japanese). . Retrieved on 2008-09-30.
- ↑ AV Grand Prix 2006 Winners Announced. Asianidols.net (January 7, 2007). Retrieved on 2008-11-17.[dead link]
- ↑ 2nd AV Open Results (Japanese). www.dmm.co.jp. Retrieved on 2008-10-02.
- ↑ JAV News – Are There Japanese Adult Video Awards Like AVN Awards in USA?. JAV News (August 26, 2008). Retrieved on 2008-10-01.[dead link]
- ↑ Eroide Onna Matsuri 2008, SkyPerfect Adult Broadcasting Awards. JapanSugoi (August 2008). Retrieved on 2008-09-27.[dead link]
- ↑ Rio claims top prize at 2008 Adult Broadcasting Awards. Tokyo Reporter (March 2008). Retrieved on 2008-09-27.
- ↑ AVGP 2009 Result announcement (Japanese). www.av-gp.com. Retrieved on 2009-03-02.
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 Bejean 2007-01 (Japanese). MagYuma. Retrieved on November 13, 2008. (Google translation)
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 FLASH 2003-01-03 (Japanese). MagYuma. Retrieved on November 13, 2008. (Google translation)
- ↑ 週刊プレイボーイ 2005 (Japanese). MagYuma. Retrieved on November 13, 2008. (Google translation)
- ↑ 週刊プレイボーイ 2005-02-18 (Japanese). MagYuma. Retrieved on November 13, 2008. (Google translation)
- ↑ 週刊ポスト 2005 (Japanese). MagYuma. Retrieved on November 13, 2008. (Google translation)