Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
|Also known as:||Virginia "Ding Dong" Bell|
|Born:||August 14, 1932|
Montrose, California, USA
|Died:||July 18, 2010 (aged 77)|
|Bra/cup size:||F (same as DDD cup)|
|Height:||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|Weight:||120 lb (55 kg)|
|Shown:||Topless, Bush, Full frontal|
Virginia "Ding Dong" Bell (born August 14 1932 in Montrose, California, - July 18, 2010) was an American pin up model and burlesque dancer. Standing only 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m), with a 48-inch bust, she started her career in the 1950s.
Virginia was a burlesque dancer in 1954, who shot up to the top of the burlesque circuit earning upwards of $1500 per week. She was known for a cowboy striptease routine. In addition to exotic dancing, Bell was featured in a number of 8mm loop films, and also appeared in various men's magazines such as Night and Day and Fling.
Bell also starred in the feature film, Bell, Bare and Beautiful (1963). Bell's husband, burlesque theater-owner Eli Jackson, had contacted exploitation filmmakers Herschell Gordon Lewis and David Friedman about making a film featuring his wife. Bell was pregnant at the time, and Lewis recalled, "I guess it was her first pregnancy because no one was sure that she would emerge from it and still be able to perform in burlesque. These fellows wanted to capture her on film before she lost her figure."
One of Bell's last performances was in the role of Julia in Fraulein Doktor, a 1969 Dino de Laurentiis World War I espionage story which Variety called a promising film concept that "emerges merely as another sloppily-made Italian import." Virginia Bell retired in 1970.
|Bell, Bare and Beautiful||September 13, 1963||Griffith Productions||Herschell Gordon Lewis||Virginia Bell|
|Lullaby of Bareland||1964|
|Gertie the Grapefruit Girl and Friends||1969|
 Selected Magazine Appearances
- Fling (digest) # 10 (1958)
- Fling Festival Vol 2 (Winter 1959)
- Fling (digest) # 16 (1959)
- Fling Festival Vol 5 (Holiday 1960–1961)
- Fling Festival Vol 6 (Spring 1961)
- Fling (August 1964)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 IMDb
- ↑ http://javasbachelorpad.com/bell.html
- ↑ http://www.imagemakers.mb.ca/pinups/burlesque/bell/bell1.html
- ↑ Shteir, Rachel (2004). Striptease: The Untold History of the Girlie Show. New York: Oxford University Press, p.279. ISBN 0-19-512750-1.
- ↑ Palmer, Randy. Herschell Gordon Lewis, Godfather of Gore: The Films. Jefferson, North Carolina, and London: McFarland & Company, 2000. ISBN 0-7864-0808-1. pp. 35-37.
- ↑ Fraulein Doktor (film review). Variety, April 9, 1969.
- ↑ Krafsur, Richard P. (1976). "Bell, Bare and Beautiful", The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures; Feature Films 1961-70. New York & London: R.R. Bowker Company, p. 77. ISBN 0-8352-0440-5.