Virginal breast hypertrophy
Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
Virginal breast hypertrophy (VBH) is not a medical name, but the more known name for juvenile macromastia and juvenile gigantomastia. It causes excessive growth of the breasts during puberty and has a much higher frequency than the rare cases of breast hypertrophy in pregnancy.
The breast growth sometimes is not constant and comes in "growth spurts". At times, women may have minimal or no breast growth and then experience a growth spurt where the breasts grow very rapidly in a short space of time. These growth spurts cause great physical discomfort, the main symptoms being red, itchy skin and sometimes a general ache in the breasts. But in puberty the breasts can also continuously grow at an even pace for the space of several years. This process can overdevelop a completely normal and healthy breast, sometimes to gigantic extents.
- Massive asymmetric virginal breast hypertrophy
- U.S.A. Library of Congress - Healthy Breasts: A Primer
- Google books - The Breast: Its Anomalies, Its Diseases, and Their Treatment
- Google books - Rhinoplasty and Facial Plastic Surgery with a Supplement on Mammaplasty and Other Operations in ...
- A case of massive hypertrophy of the breasts
- Google books - Anomalies and curiosities of medicine: Being an Encyclopedic Collection of Rare and ...
- Google books - The International text-book of surgery v.2
- Google books - The Science and art of surgery v.1
- Google books - Surgical diagnosis and treatment Index, 1922