|Also known as:||Tanja Rae, Taja Rea, Taija Ray|
|Born:||May 17, 1962|
|Bra/cup size:||38D (85D)|
|Height:||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight:||130 lb (59 kg)|
|Shown:||Topless, Bush, Full frontal|
|IMDb IAFD AFDB|
Taija Rae (born May 17, 1962) is an American pornographic actress who was one of the most popular performers of the late-1980s. She is sometimes credited as Tanja Rae, Taja Rea, or Taija Ray. She had D cup natural breasts and a curvy body.
Rae, a native of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and entered the adult film industry in 1983, after being discovered by a fledgling Philadelphia talent firm, Lynx Management. The first part of her stage name, pronounced Tayzh-a, came from an Oriental cocktail waitress she worked with before porn. The last name, Rae, was a tribute to Fay Wray, actress in the movie King Kong. (Incidentally, both the first name Taija (tie-yah) and last name Rae are typical Finnish names.) After a test photo shoot in New York City, she quickly made the rounds of the New York adult industry and kept busy in East Coast of the United States erotic films and photo modeling, working with directors such as Henri Pachard, Chuck Vincent, and Dave Darby. Her first films were Dangerous Stuff and Scenes They Wouldn't Let Me Shoot, filmed the same weekend. She became known for her rounded, softer figure, wide hips, and large, natural breasts with big, dark red nipples.
In 1986, she changed her appearance by losing weight and dying her hair blonde, and began doing more work through a West Coast agent. With this, she reached the height of her success, when Hustler magazine referred to her as one of "porn's Big Four" (along with Traci Lords, Ginger Lynn, and Amber Lynn). She was proud of being able to charge $1,000 per day for her roles. She maintained her home in Pennsylvania, sometimes flying out to the West Coast to film scenes, until finally moving to Los Angeles, California in 1988.
Cecil Howard directed Rae in Star Angel. While he shot reverse angles of her, two shots, single shots, close ups, she turned to Howard's cameraman and said, "What's wrong with him? Does he think he's making a real movie?" The crew laughed.
- The Best Little Whorehouse in San Francisco (1984)
- The Voyeur (1984)
- Hot Rockers (1984) – First adult video with a stereo soundtrack & original score
- Taboo American Style – Part1: The Ruthless Beginning (1985)
- Talk Dirty to Me, Part IV (1985)
- Dreamgirls (1986)
- Hometown Honeys (1986)
- Good Morning Taija Rae (1988)
- Adam Film World Guide Porn Star Annual (USA) April 1986, Vol. 2, Iss. 11, pg. 53+55, "Taija Rae: Interview"
- Fox (USA) November 1985, Vol. 2, Iss. 4, pg. 18-22, by: Keith Elliot, "Interview: Taija Rae"
- Erotic X-Film Guide(USA) May 1985, Vol. 3, Iss. 5, pg. 30+33-34, "Nurse Taija Rae: 'I Was a...Candystriper!'"
- Adult Cinema Review (USA) October 1984, Vol. 3, Iss. 12, pg. 40+42-45+47, by: Timothy Green Beckley, "Taija Rae: Star of 'Driller'--Sex and the Horny Werewolf"
- High Society (USA) August 1987, Vol. 12, Iss. 4, pg. 34-35, by: staff, "Porn Star Spotlight: Taija Rae"
- The Very Best of High Society (USA) 1993, Vol. 8/10, Iss. 46, pg. 46, by: Dove Linkhorn, "Where Are They Now? Part One: Taija Rae"
- Hustler Erotic Video Guide (USA) November 1996, Vol. 11, Iss. 11, pg. 58-59, by: VCA Pictures, "Blast from the Past: Taija Rae"
- Erotic X-Film Guide (USA) December 1988, Vol. 6, Iss. 12, pg. 58-67, by: Charlie Airwaves, "Oiled for Action! Taija Rae gives Trinity Loren an intimate massage!"
- Hustler Erotic Video Guide" (USA) November 1988, Vol. 3, Iss. 6, pg. 42-51, "Taija Rae & Buffy Davis: Fresh Water Clams"
- The Very Best of High Society (USA) 1988, Vol. 4, Iss. 5, pg. 6-13, "Taija Rae"
- Cinema Blue (USA) September 1986, Vol. 3, Iss. 8, pg. 48-49, "Taija Talks"
- Adam Film World Guide Porn Star Annual (USA) April 1986, Vol. 2, Iss. 11, pg. 52-55, "Taija Rae..."
- Cinema Blue (USA) January 1986, Vol. 2, Iss. 12, pg. 43-51, "'Twas the Night Before XXX-mas: A Taija-Tale of Lust"
- Cinema Blue (USA) July 1985, Vol. 2, Iss. 6, pg. 68-73, "Write Your Own Porn Movie!"
- Erotic X-Film Guide (USA) May 1985, Vol. 5, Iss. 3, pg. 30-35, "Nurse Taija Rae: 'I Was a...Candystriper!'"
- Sexiest Mouths in X-Films (Velvet Presents) (USA) 1985, Vol. 1, Iss. 3, pg. 62-63, "Porn's Top Studs Pick Today's 14 Hottest Cocksuckers: Taija Rae"
- Adult Cinema Review (USA) October 1984, Vol. 3, Iss. 12, pg. 40-49, by: Timothy Green Beckley, "Taija Rae: Star of 'Driller'--Sex and the Horny Werewolf"
- Erotica (USA) 1984, Iss. 6, pg. 31-37, "Humping Iron: starring Taija Rae and Rocky DiLorenzo"
Magazine cover photo
- Adam (USA) January 1988, Vol. 32, Iss. 1
- High Society (Canada) February 1987
- Velvet Talks! (USA) January 1986, Vol. 8, Iss. 1
- Cinema Blue (USA) January 1986, Vol. 2, Iss. 12
- Cinema Blue (USA) October 1985, Vol. 2, Iss. 9
- Adult Cinema Review (USA) October 1984, Vol. 3, Iss. 12
- Cover photo of the band Chemical People's "Ten Fold Hate"
Big tit movies / pictures of Taija Rae
- Pornstar Legends Taija Rae (retro pornstar movies & pictures)
- http://www.fooks.com/star.asp?id=75 Tajia Rae Bio at Fooks.com
- "Taija Rae, Down-to-Earth Sex Goddess", interview by Doug Oliver, Hustler magazine, August 1986
- Taija Rae page at Excalibur Films
- Biography for Taija Rae at the Internet Movie Database
- Taija Rae page at http://LukeIsBack.com, Luke Ford
- Dorothy From Kansas Meets the Wizard of X,  by Linda Alexander, 1991, cited by Taija Rae page at http://LukeIsBack.com, Luke Ford