Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
|Born:||July 24, 1975|
Southern California, USA
|Bra/cup size:||38K (85K) (same as JJ cup)|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|Shown:||Topless, Bush, Full frontal|
Sofia Rose (born July 24, 1975 in Southern California, USA) is an American BBW adult model and porn star known for her strikingly beautiful features as well as her voluptuous figure. Sofia was one of Boobpedia's earliest interviews, in December 2006, and has been featured in several websites and magazines, gaining a passionate international following among fans of big breasts, and BBW enthusiasts. In 2009 she relocated to Boston and launched a new website, bbwsofiarose.com, which is now the the main outlet for following Sofia's life and career.
Sofia Rose was born in Southern California. She comes from a mixed ethnic background which contributes to her unique and interesting features, olive skin and brown eyes. In Sofia's own words, she is "Mexican, Spanish, Irish, and Native American with a dash of Italian and Portuguese." Her father was a first-generation Mexican-American. On her mother's side of the family, her American roots go back to the 1700s, and include a signer of the Declaration of Independence. From Texas, her family moved to California in the early 1900s. She grew up in a male-rich environment, with several brothers, and she says she was a daddy's girl. Sofia is is a sports fan. Her team loyalties show her bi-costal personality, as she is a fan of both the L.A. Lakers and Angels, and the Boston Celtics and Red Sox. Sofia grew up close to Mexican culture, but does not speak Spanish. Her Latina background is reflected in her love of Mexican food and margaritas. Though she enjoys all kinds of food, she emphasizes, "I'll never turn down a taco!"
Sofia's mother was a model under the name Lydia Rose. Offered a job as one of MTV's first VJs, she turned the job down for her family, to raise Sofia and her brothers. Sofia Rose's own stage name is a tribute to both her mother, and Sophia Loren, whom she cites as "one of my greatest all time favorite idols." Besides her own resemblance to the great Italian actress, Sofia notes that her grandmother's features were remarkably similar to Loren's. Other figures that Sofia admires include Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe, Raquel Welch, and Cindy Crawford.
 Early modeling career and BBW status
Sofia's modeling career began at the age of four when her mother started Sofia's portfolio work. By 1989, when she returned to the profession at the age of 14, Sofia's bust had already become prominent enough to be a hindrance for a career in fashion modeling. "I started to develop at a young age," Sofia explains, "By 15 I was a 36DD and only 110 lbs." Her prodigious development, coupled with her ethnic features-- ironically two of the assets which have made her a successful model today-- were considered problems at that time, and Sofia's modeling career was again retired.
Sofia reports that it was not until after she became a mother that her already impressive figure attained its current substantial dimensions. She was a thin 36DD-24-36, weighing a mere 105 lbs before pregnancy, and went up to 143 lbs at full term. Immediately post-pregnancy, her weight was back to 120 lbs, but Sofia notes, "my boobs were huge." In the aftermath of pregnancy, her measurements reached their current 52-40-52", and her weight went up to 240 lbs. Her bust size had increased to a spectacular 52" 38-JJ cup.
In spite of her past experience in the industry, Sofia was not one to envy the stereotypical anorexic figure of the fashion model world. She states, "I'm happy with my body as a BBW only because 100 lb women are a dime a dozen, and they all have HUGE fake boobs these days anyway. I feel like I have something more to offer in the BBW community, which is why I choose to stay at higher but healthier weight."
 Modeling career and men
Sofia's primary career is in corporate America, where she has worked for top executives of Fortune 500 companies. When she divorced in 2005, Sofia decided to resurrect her modeling career, setting her sights on the BBW market, particularly as she offered the genre something special in her more exotic looks. Sofia says she had "new ideas and goals for myself," but that she also set set limits. "I am a mom so I try to keep things at a respectable level.
About her modeling career, Sofia recalls, "I simply started doing this because men oogle at my boobs anyway, I figured I should start making money at it and build a name for myself." She has a combination of attributes which attract men of many different preferences. She observes, "if he's a boob man... well that's obvious. If he's an ass man, or maybe he's about dark hair, or Latin women, nice lips, or sexy eyes, or thick thighs, I cover many, I think. So a guy who maybe doesn't typically seek out chubby women or BBWs manages to see me and gives me a second look."
Perhaps even underestimating her own attractiveness, Sofia muses, "I've been hit on in unusual places at unexpected times, like the library in my T-shirt, pants, glasses, and flip flops, no makeup. What he found attractive I don't have a clue. I felt my simplest and probably was at my least attractive point, but that didn't stop him from trying."
In turn, Sofia enjoys many types of men, of different sizes. She has dated men as tall as 6'10", and her ex-husband is 5'9". She places a high value on open-mindedness, diversity and honesty. She says, "I hate it when someone says they are open minded but then think their way of thinking is the only way of thinking." She has observed that her least satisfactory relationships have been with men who are interested only in her size.
 First steps in modeling
Sofia's new venture into modeling began with her MySpace page in late 2005. Through this, she created an audience who were eager to see her begin appearing in more professional venues. Sofia was featured in the fifth issue of BODacious Magazine, their Fall 2006 release. Founded that year, BODacious aims to be "the first magazine of its kind depicting BBW (Big Beautiful Women) in a light so similar to the mainstream magazines." Sofia's ex-husband called to congratulate her on this career achievement. "You did exactly what you said you would do. That's so good for you." The magazine paired Sofia with Ms. Dawn P. aka Dawn Perignon in a celebratory bubble bath for the cover of their second anniversary issue.
At this early point in her career, Sofia was also a featured model at JuggMaster, and part of the cast of that site's Rack Pack DVD-R Volume 1. Of her sudden popularity, Sofia notes, "I think the industry was ready for a something a little unique and exotic, something that you don't see everyday... so it was great timing, and I just blew up."
Sofia competed in the 2006 Model Search, Online People's Choice Award at www.ontheplushside.com. Sofia was the winner of four rounds: The Preliminary Round 1, Round 2 ("Come As You Are!"), Round 5 ("Social Dystortion "), and Round 8, the "Beach Beauties" competition. In conjunction with the competition, Sofia graced the cover of On the Plush Side magazine's March 2007 issue. With over 7,000 votes, the decision of the final, deciding round of the competition was to be announced in April 2007, but apparently not posted. Sofia, however, won the competition.
It was late in 2006, when Boobpedia was just a new site with about 30 articles, that Sofia became one of our site's first interviews. Site founder Hexvoodoo contacted Sofia and helped her to set up her own article. Praising her "gorgeous shape and... perfectly bountiful bust", www.ultimatebbw.com featured Sofia, announcing that her bust was "[s]o bountiful in fact that I don't think I've seen one quite like it in 4 years of photography."
 Web activities and video
Sofia's first personal site, www.sofiatherose.comwas launched in February 2007. Sofia appeared in a music video for the San Diego, California band, Slightly Stoopid. Founded in 1995, the group's fifth studio album, Chronchitis was released on August 7, 2007. Punknews.org faulted the song as being "somewhat flat," but noted the song's "interesting horn and synth work." Since Sofia points out that the video was never officially released, punknews's complaint about the song's flatness obviously had nothing to do with Sofia. Sofia's appearance in the Mad Juana music video, Valhalla, has been released, and can be seen at Youtube.
By 2007 Sofia had gained an international fan base. In Japan, the work of artist Namio Harukawa, and such recent video series as Pocha Pocha Princess Pretty indicate a relatively new, but devoted audience for large women. The fetish studio IZM, which has its own cast of Japanese BBWs, is the largest producer of adult videos in which large, powerful women dominate much smaller men who average 155cm (5'1") in height. IZM contacted Sofia to appear in a video in the summer of 2007. Though she had never planned to star in videos, because of the Japanese custom of filming simulated sex and pixeling out the "working parts" (as Donald Richie terms them) Sofia agreed to the filming. Entitled Muchimuchi! Huge-Tit Dynamite 2: Sofia (むちむち！超乳ダイナマイト 2 ソフィア - Muchimuchi! Chonyuu dynamite 2 Sofia), the video was released in Japan on November 29, 2007.
Though she has no plans to appear in further videos, she recalls this experience as a positive one. The Japanese crew met Sofia in Los Angeles, and treated her with the respect and admiration worthy of a major star. "It was great. They were all very nice and catered to me well... I was flattered and just tried to the best I could for them." The only negative aspect of the video was the impression that many U.S. fans have that it was hardcore. Sofia explains, "I never had sex on film, that's why the video is pixelated. The only thing real was the titty fuck, and even then, no one "got off" lol... It's only sold in Japan but of course in this day you can get anything from anywhere. The U.S. market does think it's hardcore. I understand the misconception, and men are paying 70 American dollars for what they think they are getting, and they so aren't getting it. I feel bad for them I'm not laughing at all..."
Despite her success within the BBW and busty genres and her enthusiastic fan base, Sofia remains selective about appearances. She set personal limitations before embarking on her modeling career, and has stuck to those. Also, she reasons, "I have had many many offers but I don't want to risk over-exposure. I believe I have a unique look, I don't want to be everywhere every one else is in my community."
She appeared on BBW Adult Radio's midnight Drew and Mare Show as their interview guest on May 7, 2008. Sofia was scheduled to talk about her career and size acceptance, as well as to announce a contest which was to be held on her webite. During the show, the contest was revealed to be a date with Sofia for the winning new member who joined her site during a set time-period. The audience was also invited to join Sofia during the show by cam chatroom. Sofia enjoyed the experience and has plans to appear on the show again.
Sofia was also seen as the featured belly dancer in the independent film SIN from Cult Films studio. Sofia is unaware of the release status of the film, but it is surely a role she amply filled.
 Sofia's current activities
Sofia relocated from Southern California to Boston in early 2009. She says she will always be a California girl, and call California home, but that she loves New England. "It's very pretty here," she says, "The four seasons, and all the history is great. It's cold but I'm a very adaptable person so I've dealt with the snow pretty well I think.... I definitely appreciate warm weather now!"
With the move Sofia has changed sites as well. Her new website, bbwsofiarose.com was launched on February 19, 2009, and promises to offer much more than her previous site. Though still very new, the response to the site has been very positive. Sofia herself has much more input in the new site, including her personal blog. According to Sofia, she will offer members of the new site much more "video, boobplay, solo work, facesitting, domination and smothering... My new site is THE place to find me see and be involved with my life."
At this time, Sofia has no plans to pursue a career in video, but she points out that online video will be available exclusively at her new website. She has chosen one male model with whom she will continue her face-sitting and domination modeling. Of these activities, Sofia comments, "I think to be a true dom, you can overpower any man, any size, and I have. It's not about his size, it's about bringing them to the ultimate weakness and forcing them to submit to their own desires... even if they don't know it is what they want yet. I like the idea of man who is strong enough to "handle" me, yet I'm able to completely disable him with my sexuality and playful flirty personality."
Sofia hopes to recruit new guest models to her new site, and to start up more sites of her own. She plans to use her own experience in front of the camera to do some behind-the-camera work, though she has no intention of stopping modeling herself. She enjoys modeling work, and says, "I love getting in front of the camera for glamour or erotic modeling." As of early 2013, Sofia has ventured into XXX modeling, and appears at Score and Plumperpass sites.
 Magazine appearances
- BODacious #5 (Fall 2006)
- BODacious #8 (Fall 2007)
- On the Plush Side (March 2007)
| Muchimuchi! Huge-Tit Dynamite 2: Sofia|
むちむち！超乳ダイナマイト 2 ソフィア
(Muchimuchi! Chonyuu dynamite 2 Sofia)
|November 29, 2007|| IZM|
|Ryudai||Sofia Rose|| Perverted Women, Oppressed Men series|
Follow-up to Perverted, Man-Oppressing Woman, Muchimuchi! Huge-Tit Dynamite! Iori
| Raped by Boobs: Super Huge-Boobed MILF|
(Nyûgyaku rape chô bakunyû jukujo)
|April 24, 2014|| IZM|
|Ryudai||Sofia Rose||Perverted Women, Oppressed Men series|
 Big tit movies / pictures of Sofia Rose
- BBWSofiaRose.com (official site)
- Sofia Rose links at FreeOnes
- Profile at www.musecube.com
- Sofia at www.fat-forums.com
-  (Interview with Sofia on Blogtalkradio)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 First Boobpedia interview with Sofia Rose, conducted by User:Hexvoodoo in 2006.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sofia Rose: About. www.musecube.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-27.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 Fourth Boobpedia interview with Sofia Rose, conducted by User:Dekkappai on February 27, 2009.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 4.12 4.13 4.14 4.15 4.16 4.17 Second Boobpedia interview with Sofia Rose, conducted by User:Dekkappai on February 25, 2009.
- ↑ Bio. www.sofiatherose.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2007. Retrieved on 2009-02-27.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Third Boobpedia interview with Sofia Rose, conducted by User:Dekkappai on February 26, 2009.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Bio. ModelMayhem. Retrieved on 2009-02-27.
- ↑ 5th Issue: Sofia Rose. www.bodaciousmagazine.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-27.
- ↑ BODacious Magazine: About us. www.bodaciousmagazine.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Issue 8 Fall 2007. www.bodaciousmagazine.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Sofia. JuggMaster]. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ JM Rack Pack DVD-R Volume 1. JuggMaster http://www.juggmaster.com/]. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Round 1: Preliminary. www.ontheplushside.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Round 2: Come As You Are!. www.ontheplushside.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Round 5: Social Dystortion. www.ontheplushside.com. Retrieved on 2009-03-01.
- ↑ Round 8: Beach Beauties. www.ontheplushside.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ On the Plush Side March 2007. www.ontheplushside.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Welcome to the Finals!. www.ontheplushside.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Models: Ultimate BBW. www.ultimatebbw.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Chronchitis. www.amazon.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ GlassPipeMurder. Chronchitis. www.punknews.org. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Mad Juana - Valhalla. www.youtube.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ Connell, Ryann (2006-02-16]]). Brutal 'martial art' babes pummel porno pipsqueaks (English). Mainichi Shimbun. Archived from the original on 2007-12-13. Retrieved on 2009-02-25.
- ↑ Richie, Donald  (1987). "The Japanese Eroduction", A Lateral View: Essays on Culture and Style in Contemporary Japan. Berkeley, California: Stone Bridge Press. ISBN 0-962813-74-5. “though there are simulations of intercourse, none of the working parts are ever shown.” Note: Richie was referring to the Pink film genre, but Kjell Fornander points out: "Very little [Japanese adult videos are] exported, probably because of the censor’s mosaic blur around the sex organs. Some argue that this censorship gives AV and their stars cult appeal, that it has produced a specific cinematic language that sets Tokyo porn apart." Fornander, Kjell (July 1992). A Star is Porn. Tokyo Journal. Archived from the original on 2006-05-16. Retrieved on 2007-02-18.
- ↑ むちむち！超乳ダイナマイト 2 ～ソフィア～ (Muchimuchi! Huge-Tit Dynamite 2: Sophia) (Japanese). www.fetish-world.jp. Retrieved on November 12, 2008. (Google translation)
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Sofia Rose One Night Only! The Drew and Mare Show. http://thedrewandmareshow.blogspot.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-26.
- ↑ むちむち！超乳ダイナマイト 2 ソフィア (Japanese). www.bookmuch.com. Retrieved on November 4, 2008. (Google translation)
- ↑ 乳虐レイプ 超爆乳熟女 (Japanese). www.arzon.jp. Retrieved on May 25, 2014. (Google translation)