|Born:||September 27, 1991|
|Bra/cup size:||34E (75E) (same as DD cup)|
|Height:||5 ft 7.5 in (1.71 m)|
|Weight:||130 lb (59 kg)|
Halep is the current Junior French Open champion, beating out Elena Bogdan, also from Romania, 6-4 6-7 6-2. She was as of July 2009 ranked 269th in the world. She won the Junior French Open tennis tournament in 2008. She reached the second round of the qualifiers for the Senior French Open in 2009.
Halep received significant media coverage over her decision to have breast reduction surgery in July 2009. The reasoning behind the decision to have the surgery was reportedly related to athletic performance and her feeling that her large bust detracted from that.  Her cup size was reduced from 34DD to 34C.
- Daily Mail
- Player - Stats - Simona Halep. Sony Ericsson WTA Tour. Women's Tennis Association. Retrieved on 2009-07-17.
- Biography - Simona Halep. International Tennis Federation. Retrieved on 2009-07-17.
- Official Site of Roland Garros - Match Statistics for Girl's singles finals
- "Player bios - Simona Halep", Official Site of Roland-Garros 2009, Fédération Française de Tennis. Retrieved on 2009-07-17.
- "Junior tennis player gets her 34DD bust reduced", Sify, 10 July 2009. Retrieved on 2009-07-17.
- "Simona Halep sacrifica "bondades" por el tenis" (Spanish), El Economista, 13 July 2009. Retrieved on 2009-07-17.
- "Simona Halep Breast Reduction?", CosmeticSurgeryTruth.com.