|Also known as:||Layla, Ms. El|
|Born:||June 25, 1977|
London, England, United Kingdom
|Ethnicity:||Middle eastern, Caucasian|
|Bra/cup size:||34E (75E) (same as DD cup)|
|Height:||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|Weight:||120 lb (55 kg)|
World Wrestling Entertainment
El first entered the world of professional wrestling after her trainer suggested she try out for the $250,000 WWE Diva Search contest in 2006. During the contest, she won a week's worth of "immunity" on the 14 July (taped 10 July) edition of SmackDown! after winning Sgt. Slaughter's "Diva Boot Camp" obstacle course—despite having jumped over several tires in the tire hop section of the course and not having both of her feet cross the finish line due to her doing a split. She won another competition, the "Diva Search Talent Show" on the 11 August SmackDown!, when she danced dressed as a police officer. She won the Diva Search, beating out JT Tinney and Jen England in the finals on 16 August.
She made her first "official" WWE appearance at the 2006 SummerSlam pay-per-view in a backstage segment with several other divas. During the segment, the other women initially taunted and teased her before revealing that "it was all in fun" and part of an "initiation" of sorts. Afterward they dragged her into the showers, fully clothed, where they proceeded to spank her while laughing.
The week after SummerSlam, El made her debut as a member of the SmackDown! brand in an interview with Mike "The Miz" Mizanin—although he did not allow her the chance to say much, spending most of the time talking about himself.view Subsequently, she was not seen on WWE TV for weeks, reappearing during the 22 September SmackDown! and getting into confrontations with both Kristal and Jillian Hall. She again went missing for a number of weeks after this, resurfacing at October's No Mercy event and embarrassing the Miz by tricking him into getting a lap dance from Big Dick Johnson while he was blindfolded and expecting it to be from her as a birthday gift.
Layla made her official in-ring debut, in a "Diva Trick-or-Treat Battle Royal", on 24 October. The match ended in controversial fashion when she was pulled from the ring apron by The Miz, causing her to lose. This led to Miz and Kristal briefly teaming in a feud against Layla and the Boogeyman.
ECW and Extreme Exposé (2007-2008)
On 23 January 2007, Layla was moved to the ECW brand. On ECW she joined up with Brooke and Kelly Kelly as Extreme Exposé, performing a weekly dance segment with the group. Extreme Expose danced weekly on the ECW show for months, until the Miz was also placed on the brand, at which point all three ladies began actively pursuing him. When Kelly shifted her attentions towards the much more slovenly looking Balls Mahoney, Layla, Brooke, and Miz openly mocked her. On 1 November, Brooke was released from WWE, and Extreme Exposé dissolved as a group, leaving Kelly and Layla to enter an ongoing rivalry with more active in-ring roles.
Raw and managing William Regal (2008-2009)
As part of the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft, Layla was drafted to the Raw brand, becoming the first WWE Diva to have been an official member of all three brands. On the 7 July episode of Raw, Layla made her debut in a tag team match with Jillian Hall, losing to Mickie James and Kelly Kelly, who had been revealed as the newest member of the Raw brand earlier that night. A storyline between her and Jamie Noble soon began, where she started to become a fan favorite, with Noble attempting to impress her with his matches, only to be defeated or thoroughly squashed by his opponents. Noble then finally defeated William Regal, which impressed Layla. On the 15 September edition of Raw, Layla became a villain by siding with Regal after Noble continuously tried to impress her, despite picking up a victory over Paul Burchill. She came out to the entryway, feigning that she would apologize, before calling Noble a loser and choosing to stay with Regal. Layla was in the corner of William Regal when he captured his second Intercontinental Championship, defeating Santino Marella on November 10, 2008. On April 5, Layla competed in a Divas battle royal at WrestleMania XXV, but the match was won by Santina Marella.
Return to SmackDown (2009)
On April 15, 2009, Layla was drafted to the SmackDown brand as part of the 2009 Supplemental Draft. She started a scripted rivalry with Eve Torres, and lost both a dance contest and an arm wrestling match to Torres, before losing a match to her on the May 29 episode of SmackDown. After Torres defeated Layla again on the June 18 episode of WWE Superstars, the two shook hands, turning Layla babyface.
Since winning the Diva Search contest El has also done some modeling work. She has been featured in the magazines King, Smooth, and was the cover-girl for the first ever issue of Liquid. She also posed for FHM with the other members of Extreme Exposé.
In April 2007, Layla, along with Kelly Kelly, Brooke, Torrie Wilson, Ashley and Maryse, were filmed for Timbaland's music video "Throw It On Me" featuring The Hives. Layla appeared as a stranger on game show Identity.
During the week of 5 November 2007, Layla appeared on five episodes of Family Feud with other WWE superstars. On 6 February 2008 she appeared on Project Runway with several WWE Divas as part of the week's challenge. She also appeared on the 13 April 2008 episode of Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp as a trainer.
If you like Layla El, you might also like
- Anissa Kate - stunning black-haired Algerian-French beauty with big natural tits
- Profile. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2009-04-15.
- Eckinger, Helen. Hot moves: Heat dancers' hopes for stardom. The Miami Herald. Archived from the original on 2006-06-15. Retrieved on 2008-03-01. “Layla, who preferred not to give her age, has been with the Heat Dancers for two years. Formerly a dancer for Carnival Cruise Lines”
- HEAT Dancer 2005: Layla. NBA.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- Superstars > Divas > Diva Search > Layla El > Profile. World Wrestling Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2007-06-15. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- Cohen, Eric. Interview With Layla El, Winner of the 2006 Diva Search. About.com. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- Zeigler, Zach. Layla earns immunity. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- SmackDown! Results - 14 July 2006. Pro Wrestling Torch. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved on 2007-04-15. “Layla El [...] was next [...]She screwed up the tires again and looked to have skipped some.”
- Medalis, Kara. Divas show their talents. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- PWI Staff (2007). "Wrestling’s historical cards". Pro Wrestling Illustrated presents: 2007 Wrestling almanac & book of facts.
- Girls of FHM - Extreme Exposé's Layla. FHMOnline.com. Retrieved on 2007-08-31.
- Tello, Craig. Friday knightmare. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2006-08-25.
- SmackDown! results - 22 September 2006. Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- DiFino, Lennie (2006-10-24). Mutiny. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2006-10-27.
- Tello, Craig. Premature rumblings. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2007-01-23.
- Online World of Wrestling profile. Retrieved on 2008-02-09.
- ECW results - 19 June 2007. Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2007-09-07.
- ECW results - 7 August 2007. Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2007-09-07.
- Brooke released. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2007-11-01.
- Official 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft Results. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-06-25.
- Results: Union Jacked. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
- Raymond, Katie A.. Results:Say hello to my twin sister. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- 2009 WWE Supplemental Draft results. World Wrestling Entertainment (2009-04-15). Retrieved on 2009-04-15.
- McNamara, Andy (2009-05-29). Smackdown: Numbers game too much for Jeff Hardy. Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved on 2009-06-02.
- Mackinder, Matt (2009-06-18). WWE Superstars: More Thursday night boredom. Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved on 2009-06-20.
- Layla El - King Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- Medalis, Kara A.. Layla gets ‘Smooth’ and sexy. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2007-08-15.
- LIQUID Magazine main page. Retrieved on 2007-04-15.
- Medalis, Kara A.. Layla is LIQUID's premiere cover girl. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2006-12-05.
- Medalis, Kara A.; Tello, Craig; Zeigler, Zack. Diva Dish: FHM goes Extreme. WWE. Retrieved on 2007-08-10.
- Medalis, Kara A.. The Sexiest Women in L.A.. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2007-04-20.
- Medalis, Kara A.; Zeigler, Zack. Diva Dish: 'Runway' Divas. World Wrestling Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-02-10.
|World Wrestling Entertainment Champions|
WWE Divas Champions
Michelle McCool · Maryse · Mickie James · Jillian Hall · Melina · Eve Torres · Alicia Fox · Natalya · Brie Bella · Kelly Kelly · Beth Phoenix · Nikki Bella · Layla · Kaitlyn · AJ Lee · Paige · Charlotte
WWE Raw Women's Champions
Charlotte · Sasha Banks
WWE SmackDown Women's Champions
NXT Women's Champions