|Also known as:||Debbie Topoozian|
|Born:||June 6, 1966|
Parsippany, New Jersey
|Bra/cup size:||E (same as DD cup)|
|Height:||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m) |
|Weight:||155 lb (70 kg) |
Early Childhood and education
She was born on June 6, 1966 in Parsippany, New Jersey and was educated in the local school system. While in school she excelled on the girls softball team as a pitcher and claims that she was able to defeat most of the boys in her classes at arm-wrestling. After obtaining credentails as a beautician she moved first to Phoenix, Arizona and later to La Jolla, California where she eventually started her bodybuilding career.
She joined her first gym at age 26 just to stay in shape. But it became immediately evident that she had a talent for bodybuilding and, after some persuasion, she entered her first contest in March 1997 where she won her class and the Overall. Her early contest history consisted mainly of regional shows which culminated in an overall victory in the 2001 Borderstates Championship.
She made her first National-level appearances in 2002, placing fifth in her class at the USA Championship and has been a consistent top five finisher ever since.
In 2006 and 2007 she won the Masters National Lightheavyweight Championship and in 2007 she won the overall title at that competition giving her professional status.
Debbie is relatively small for a professional bodybuilder standing just 5'2" and competing at a bodyweight of 138-140 lb. It is not unusual for her to compete against women who outweigh her by 40 pounds. She is, however, one of the most muscular women in the sport. She is widely respected for her conditioning and is especially admired for her upper body development. She has remarkable biceps and triceps development for a woman of 5'2" with her flexed arm measuring roughly 15.5 inches.
Debbie was a prominent character in the Learning Channel's documentary Supersize She, which focused on professional female bodybuilder Joanna Thomas. She is the subject of the soon to be released documentary Winning Big which follows her as she trains for and eventually wins the 2007 NPC Masters National Championship in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1997 San Diego Championships - 1st (HW & Overall)
- 1997 Los Angeles Championships - 1st (MW)
- 1997 Borderstates - 1st (LW)
- 1999 San Diego - 1st (MW)
- 2000 Borderstates - 1st (MW)
- 2001 Borderstates - 1st (MW & Overall)
- 2002 NPC USA Championship - 5th (MW)
- 2003 NPC USA Championship - 4th (MW)
- 2004 NPC USA Championship - 3rd (LHW)
- 2004 NPC Nationals - 6th (LHW)
- 2005 NPC USA Championship - 8th (LHW)
- 2005 North American Championship - 5th (LHW)
- 2006 Masters Nationals - 1st (LHW)
- 2006 NPC USA Championship - 4th (LHW)
- 2006 North American Championship - 3rd (LHW)
- 2007 Masters Nationals - 1st (LHW)
- 2007 Masters Nationals - Overall - NPC Pro Card
- 2007 Europa Supershow - 2nd (LW) (Pro Debut)
- 2007 Atlantic City Pro - 5th (LW)
- 2008 New York Pro - 7th (tie - open class)
- 2008 Tampa Pro Show - 3rd (open class)
- 2008 Europa Supershow - 4th (LW)
- 2008 Ms Olympia - 13th
- 2009 New York Pro - 4h (open class)
- 2010 New York Pro - 4th (open class)
- 2010 Tampa Pro Show - 7th
- 2010 Hartford Europa Show - 5th
If you like Debbie, you may also like
- Athena Siganakis - similar face and body