|Born:||March 8, 1957|
|Bra/cup size:||34C (75C)|
|Height:||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight:||110 lb (50 kg)|
Cynthia Rothrock born 8 March 1957, is an American actress specializing in martial arts films. She was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and was brought up in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Martial arts achievements
She is five-time (and undefeated) World Karate Champion in forms and weapons between 1981 and 1985. These categories are not combat-oriented, being displays of fluidity of movement rather than fighting, and are therefore not segregated into male and female categories but fully open to both sexes.
She holds five Black belts in various Far Eastern martial disciplines, including Tang Soo Do (also "tangsudo", Korean), Tae Kwon Do (Korean), Eagle Claw (Chinese), Wu Shu (contemporary Chinese), and Northern Shaolin (classical Chinese). She received her sixth degree black belt in Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan in 2006 and was tested by Grand Master Robert Kovaleski, 7th Dan and chair of the I.T.M.A. She also works as a martial arts instructor and her favorite weapons are the hook swords. 羅芙洛
Northern California was her home in 1983 where she worked with the West Coast Demonstration Team. At this time Golden Harvest was searching in Los Angeles for the next Bruce Lee. Rothrock's forms and maneuvers were observed and Golden Harvest signed a contract with her. It was two years (1985) later that she made her first martial arts movie for them, Yes, Madam (also known as Police Assassins or In the Line of Duty Part 2) which also starred Michelle Yeoh. It proved to be a box office success. She ended up staying in Hong Kong until 1988 doing seven films there. She may be the first Caucasian actress that ever had a lead role in a Chinese film as a heroine. At the time, the typical role for Caucasians was cast as either as a villain or as comic relief.
Rothrock became one of the few Caucasian performers to achieve genuine stardom in the local Hong Kong film industry before achieving success in their own country. Producer Pierre David initiated Rothrock's move to the American turf. David offered her a costarring role with Chad McQueen in Martial Law, Rothrock's first U.S. production. For the next ten years she led a successful career in B-grade action movies. Her films include China O'Brien and China O'Brien 2, Guardian Angel, Honor & Glory, No Retreat, No Surrender 2 and Prince of the Sun amongst a roster of thirty films.
Rothrock also appeared as Bertha Jo in the 1997 television film The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion. She was an inspiration for the video game characters Sonya Blade of Mortal Kombat and lent her voice on the animated series Eek the Cat.
Rothrock's stated that, "throughout my life, I've been opening the door for other women to get involved with this (martial arts movies). I was the first woman to be on the cover of a karate magazine and the first woman to win a men's championship."
Cynthia has a daughter named Skye and co-owns a martial arts studio in Studio City, California as part of the United Studios of Self Defense chain of martial arts studios.
- ????- Rosa
- 1985- 24 Hours Till Midnight
- 1985- Defend Yourself/Sybervision
- 1985- Yes, Madam
- 1986- Millionaire's Express (Shanghai Express)
- 1986- No Retreat, No Surrender 2
- 1986- Righting Wrongs (aka Above the Law)
- 1987- Magic Crystal
- 1988- The Inspector Wears Skirts (aka Top Squad)
- 1988- Blonde Fury(Righting Wrongs 2)
- 1988- China O'Brien
- 1988- China O'Brien 2
- 1989- Angel of Fury (Triple Cross)
- 1989- Martial Law
- 1989- Prince of the Sun
- 1990- Deadliest Art: Best of the Martial Arts Films
- 1990- Free Fighter
- 1990- Fast Getaway
- 1990- Martial Law 2 (Undercover)
- 1990- Lady Dragon
- 1990- Tiger Claws
- 1990- Rage and Honor
- 1991- Honor and Glory
- 1991- Rage and Honor 2
- 1991- Lady Dragon 2
- 1992- City Cops (Beyond the Law)
- 1993- Irrisistible Force
- 1993- Guardian Angel
- 1994- Undefeatable
- 1994- Bloody Mary Killer
- 1994- Fast Getaway 2
- 1994- Eye for an Eye
- 1995- Tiger Claws 2
- 1996- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (TV)
- 1996- Sworn to Justice (formerly Blond Justice)
- 1996- Checkmate
- 1996- Night Vision
- 1996- The Encyclopedia of Martial Arts-Martial Combat
- 1997- The Hostage
- 1997- The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion!
- 1997- American Tigers
- 1999- Tiger Claws 3
- 2000- Manhattan Chase
- 2001- Redemption
- 2002- Outside the Law
- 2003- Bala Perdida
- 2004- Xtreme Fighter (also known as Sci-Fighter)
- A3U Podcast.com - Cynthia Rothrock Episode. A3U Podcast.com. Retrieved on 2008-02-18.
- Cynthia Rothrock
- Femme Fatales, Volume 4, Number 1, Summer 1995, ISSN 1062-3906, by Frederick C. Szebin, p.16-27, 61
- Cynthia Rothrock Website in Spanish
- Rothrock World Order: Cynthia Rothrock filmography,biography
- Cynthia Rothrock Audio Interview At A3U Podcast