Boobpedia talk:Editors room
Sort by first name
Is it possible for category pages to sort by first name? --Hexvoodoo 10:26, 25 October 2006 (PDT)
Sure--see this Wikipedia page.
- [[Category:1973 births]] will sort by whatever the page name is, so, for example, "Random Model" would go under R.
- [[Category:1973 births|some text here]] will sort by "some text here". If the article is titled "Random Model" but you want to sort with "Model," enter [[Category:1973 births|Model, Random]]. The Honorable 14:38, 25 October 2006 (PDT)
- i tried this on the Brittany Andrews page. i guess it's done by using [[Category:1973 births]] and have the category page sort by the B in the page name, instead of the [[Category:1973 births|lastname, firstname]] we were using before. i believe sorting by first name is better. for example, Karma (Karma Nera, Karma Rosenburg, among other aliases). she is usually credited as simply Karma, and both of her last names are both used about equally. if she's sorted by N as Karma Nera, someone who only knows her as Karma, or Karma Rosenburg, wouldn't know to look for her under N. if you agree, i'll start to edit pages to have them sorted by first name in category pages. (this is when i wish we had a mass-edit bot, lol) --Hexvoodoo 15:29, 25 October 2006 (PDT)
Should this be update to reflect the events that took place in the last year or so?Cost 17:07, 20 November 2008 (EST)
Aliases & Redirects
I'd like some guidance on the topic of redirect links. When & why? One option is to include a redirect page for every one of each model's aliases--which would likely simply "pollute" the name-space. The other extreme is to not create any redirect pages for aliases, but just rely on the aliases field in the biobox to catch them. Somewhere in between may be the goal, but where/why?
An example: Claudia Beatty has several aliases. She now has a redirect from an old page Claudia_(pin_up_model), but that's just a product of historical accident rather than planning/design. People may be looking for "Aparna Jones" or "Claudia Brown", but I can't think why people would be searching for "Claudia pin-up model"--NB, "Claudia pinup" doesn't find her, it needs a space or hyphen to work/match. Her page does appear in searches for those first two aliases, but the second one is such a common combination that it lies several pages deep in the results. Any thoughts?--Effcup 00:23, 2 May 2012 (EDT)
Is there a way to add Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. to the current Biobox Template? Same could probably be said for frequently linked websites like Freeones, theNude.eu, etc.
What are the seven wikis that are most similar to this one? We could create a WikiNode with that information (see http://wikiindex.org/WikiProject:Wiki-Noding ). Thanks. Leucosticte 01:39, 17 May 2014 (EDT)
- That's...a good question, actually. The Honorable 10:42, 18 May 2014 (EDT)
- As long as they have at least a C cup and it's not invading anyone's privacy, that would be fine. The Honorable 10:42, 18 May 2014 (EDT)
Biobox eye color categorization
I'm starting to be tired manually adding Template:Eyecolor to bioboxes for categorization, so I've written an update for the biobox code to do this automatically. It's backward compatible and has been tested so can be used now. The new code for the whole template is here. If someone with admin rights (The Honorable?) could review it and update Template:Biobox new, it would be great! Thanks. --Bernie55 (talk) 14:23, 3 April 2016 (EDT)