Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
|Born:||September 29, 1931|
|Bra/cup size:||E (same as DD cup)|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight:||135 lb (61 kg)|
A 1950 Miss Sweden—she competed in the Miss Universe pageant—Ekberg is best-known for her role as Sylvia in La Dolce Vita, directed by Federico Fellini.
Ethel Merman dubbed the well-endowed Ekberg (measurements 40-22-36) "the thinking man's dunce cap: two of them." Bob Hope joked that her parents had received the Nobel Prize for architecture as she was touring with him and William Holden to entertain U.S. troops in 1954.
That tour led her to a contract with John Wayne's Batjac Productions. Wayne cast her in Blood Alley (1955) as a Chinese woman, a role that earned her a Golden Globe award.
Although many of her films are largely forgotten now, she appeared in several notable features: the low-budget Screaming Mimi (1958) directed by Gert Oswald who already used her the previous year opposite Sterling Hayden in Valerie; War and Peace where she played Henry Fonda's unfaithful wife, Princess Elena. She also appeared in two Frank Tashlin films with Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin: Artists and Models (1955) and Hollywood or Bust (1956). In Back from Eternity, (1956) she was cast as Robert Ryan's leading lady.
However it was Federico Fellini who gave Ekberg her greatest role in La Dolce Vita in 1960, in which she played the unattainable "dream woman" opposite Marcello Mastroianni; then Boccaccio '70 in 1960, a movie that also featured Sophia Loren. Fellini would call her back for two other films: I Clowns (1972), and Intervista (1987), where she played herself in a reunion scene with Mastroianni.
Fellini aside, she was not offered many notable good films in the 60's. Four for Texas by Robert Aldrich (1963) with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Ursula Andress, and Woman Times Seven by Vittorio de Sica in 1967, with Shirley MacLaine. Two films in 1966, The Alphabet Murders again with Frank Tashlin, and Way...Way Out, the latter introducing Linda Harrison in her first movie; and a small role in If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium in 1969.
 Nude modelling
Ekberg was never especially regarded for her acting skills, and she still managed to pose in several sizzling semi-nude layouts for various men's magazines during the time, including Modern Man (July 1956), Nugget (June 1957) and Playboy (August 1956).
 Personal life
Ekberg was married to the British actor Anthony Steel from 1956 to 1959. From 1963 to 1975, she was married to the actor Rik Van Nutter; during their marriage, she had several miscarriages, but no successful pregnancies.
She reportedly was romantically involved with Tyrone Power, Marcello Mastroianni, Errol Flynn, Yul Brynner, Frank Sinatra, and Gary Cooper; she also had a three-year affair with the late Fiat chairman Gianni Agnelli.
Ekberg has resided in Rome for many years.
- The Red Dwarf (1998)
- Bámbola (1996)
- Witness Run (1996)
- Ambrogio (1992)
- Cattive ragazze (1992)
- Count Max (1991)
- The Seduction of Angela (1986)
- Cicciabomba (1982)
- S+H+E: Security Hazards Expert (1980)
- Gold of the Amazon Women (1979)
- Valley of the Dancing Widows (1975)
- The Paris Sex Murders (1972)
- Northeast of Seoul (1972)
- Long Cavalcade of Vengeance (1972)
- The Conjugal Debt (1970)
- The Blonde Connection (1970)
- The Divorce (1970)
- Fangs of the Living Dead (1969)
- If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium (1969)
- A Candidate for a Killing (1969)
- Diary of a Holdup (1968)
- Woman Times Seven (1967)
- Cobra, Il (1967) .... Lou
- The Glass Sphinx (1967)
- How I Learned to Love Women (1967)
- Way... Way Out (1966)
- The Alphabet Murders (1965)
- The Daisy Chain (1965)
- Love Factory (1964)
- 4 for Texas (1963)
- Call Me Bwana (1963)
- Boccaccio '70 (1962)
- The Mongols (1961)
- Behind Closed Doors (1961)
- Little Girls and High Finance (1960)
- The Dam on the Yellow River (1960)
- La Dolce Vita (1960)
- Sheba and the Gladiator (1959)
- The Man Inside (1958)
- Screaming Mimi (1958)
- Paris Holiday (1958)
- Interpol (1957)
- Valerie (1957)
- Zarak (1956)
- Man in the Vault (1956)
- Hollywood or Bust (1956)
- Back from Eternity (1956)
- War and Peace (1956)
- Artists and Models (1955)
- Blood Alley (1955)
- The Golden Blade (1953)
- Abbott and Costello Go to Mars (1953)
- Take Me to Town (1953)
- The Mississippi Gambler (1953)
 Big tit movies / pictures of Anita Ekberg
- Mr Skin Anita Ekberg (celebrity movies and pictures)
- Playboy Cyber Club Anita Ekberg (Playboy Playmate and Cyber Girl pictures & movies)
- Anita Ekberg links at FreeOnes
- Big Breast Archive
- Anita Ekberg at Vintage Erotica Forums discussion thread