Boobpedia - Encyclopedia of big boobs
|Born:||July 17, 1954|
|Years active:||1989-present (politician)|
On April 17, 2006, the German media and citizens were surprised if not angered to see exposing paparazzi pictures of their usually conservatively-dressed Chancellor in the British tabloid The Sun.
On April 12, 2008, Merkel attended the inauguration of the new opera building in Oslo and surprised the public by wearing a dress showing deep cleavage. The event was widely discussed in the media, but as her deputy spokesman Thomas Steg said, Merkel was "a bit surprised" at the many news pictures of her published back home in Germany.
- Official website - as Chancellor of Germany
- ↑ Wunderlich, Dieter. Angela Merkel (Biografie) (German). dieterwunderlich.de. Retrieved on 2008-09-25. (Google translation)
- ↑ Maier, Jens (2008-04-13). Frau Kanzlerin zeigt Dekolletee (German). Stern. Retrieved on 2008-09-24. (Google translation)
- ↑ Stone, Susan (2008-06-30). Presidential Retreats: Germany. Forbes.com. Retrieved on 2008-09-24. “In the summer of 2006, [the paparazzi's] prying eyes caught Merkel changing into a bathing suit by a private pool, and pictures of the ruling rear-end appeared in the British tabloid The Sun.”
- ↑ Crossland, David (2006-04-18). UK Tabloid Attack: Poolside Merkel Photos Anger Germany. Der Spiegel. Retrieved on 2008-09-24. “Monday's edition of Britain's best-selling tabloid The Sun published a photo showing the partly exposed buttocks of the German leader under the headline "I'm Big in the Bumdestag", in a play on words referring to Germany's lower house of parliament, the Bundestag. Another photo published on the Sun's website showed Merkel from the front in a black bathing suit putting on a dressing gown.”
- ↑ Semaan, Lena (2008-04-16). Leading from the front. The Guardian. Retrieved on 2008-09-24.
- ↑ Seibel, Andrea (2008-04-14). Die neue Opulenz der Kanzlerin (German). Die Welt. Retrieved on 2008-09-24. (Google translation)
- ↑ Opernbesuch: Merkels modischer Coup d'État (German). Der Spiegel (2008-04-13). Retrieved on 2008-09-24. (Google translation)
- ↑ Dekolleté-Debatte: "Die Bundeskanzlerin ist ein bisschen erstaunt" (German). Der Spiegel (2008-04-14). Retrieved on 2008-09-24. (Google translation)
- ↑ Merkel surprised by plunging-neckline fuss, spokesman says. The Earth Times (2008-04-14). Retrieved on 2008-09-24.